James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My computer was hacked a few weeks ago, and we had to

Customer Question

My computer was hacked a few weeks ago, and we had to reinstall everything. the screen display is very different from what it was.... tool bar very small, and all printing teeny. I can get but not send email. I'm not good at this.... hope you are.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I've had it for 6 years, and can do stuff when it's in working order, We installed Officemc when I was hacked, and stuff hs been different since then.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I only have a. PC Apple computer and just click on t he little stamp icon at the bottom and there we go. Now I have to log in to Google, enter gmail and that comes up but different than it was, and I can't send anything. I got a little window saying I didn't have the right server..
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know what to try. I worry that if I mess around even more I'll loose the whole thing.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so....thanks
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

It appears you have the resolution set differently to what you had before

Do the following please

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.

Select Scaled, then select one of the scaled resolution options and test till you get it the way you want.

Let me know when you have and we can move on to the next issue.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.