Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

Have installed the Boss 9386NV Audio Unit. Nothing happens

Customer Question

Have installed the Boss 9386NV Audio Unit. Nothing happens when I applied oower?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Do you mean my motor coach - 2001 Winnebago Discovery or the new 9386?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have spent MANY hours looking for the Boss 9386 installation manual to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need them wiring harnesses by diagram and any lockout wiring for operation.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 days ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. Your best bet will be to get the wiring harness for the head unit to fit the vehicle. I don't believe the exact wiring diagram is published by Boss. Have you checked Metra for the harness? If not, I can do that for you.
The 2001 Winnebago wiring diagrams are here: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have not checked Metra - the Coach is a 2001 Winnebago Discovery DL. I removed the installed backup camera and radio for the installation of the Boss Audio 9386NV. The unit is installed, however when viewing installation videos, additional instruction are necessary for the brake over-ride, and other not intuitive wires. I believe that an installation kit is necessary to even get the screen to light up?? Perhaps a contact with Metra would solve the problem - would you oblige?
I will check for you. It will take me a little while. Is it OK if I get back to you tomorrow? For the brake override grounding should be sufficient, but I will see if I can get you more detail.