James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I tried to make an attachment of the document that I typed

Customer Question

I tried to make an attachment of the document that I typed with the Word, but I do not know how to make that document as an attachment to the e-mail I am sending. Please let me how to do it. Thanks.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Yahoo.ca
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just want to know how to make the document from the Word as an attachment.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I want to know how to make the document I typed with Words as an attachment. I have never done that before.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.

To clarify you are trying to attach a word file you created as attachment to an email you want to send in yahoo email am i correct?

Thank you

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to make it as an attachment first then I want to attach it in my email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No just tell me the simple trick?
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

All you have to do is give a name to the word file and save it in a location where you can easily access.Once that is done open your yahoo account and then you can see paper clip icon to attach a document then you need locate the saved word file and click on open to attach that file then send the email.That will do it.

Please try it and let me know

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The paper clip icon will show only in the yahoo email composing page so be sure you are in that composing page.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Checking to see whether you were able to attach the word document and send it?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been trying to do as you suggested but I just cannot do it. I SAVE the document but as soon as I open the email page it completely disappeared.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please let me have your phone number.That will be easier.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Where did you save this file ?

Are you using a windows tablet ?