James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Couldn't get into my gmail account said wrong username or

Customer Question

couldn't get into my gmail account said wrong username or password. Changed password ***** my iphone but cant change it on computer.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: not sure, as I don't use computer often, maybe 3 weeks?? Just got the message it was wrong today. No problem before that I remember.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On an ipad or phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried different passwords, mainly the one I had written down and computer wouldn't leven ask if I had forgot password ***** I could change it. But the iphone let me change it.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shouldn't I have the same gmail account user name and password ***** all my devices?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If time is of the essence, the fastest way in which I can help you is via a secure remote connection. That will provide a temporary connection where I can fix this problem on screen, in person.

I'm sending the offer for that service now, once accepted we will start the connection process. If you reject the offer, we will continue via written word alone.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 days ago.

Hello again,

I havent heard back from you in a while. Did you still need help with this issue? If so, please send a reply when you can so we can continue working together.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.