Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Everything? We would like to use gmail instead of telstra,as

Customer Question

Everything? We would like to use gmail instead of telstra,as fixing one problem seems to cause another problem. Should we go to gmail,do you have an equivalent to Telstra's platinum service,where we can call experienced tech people to solve our problems. We worry of jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: We are having trouble with our bigpond account,and are thinking of moving to big gmail,if we can have help whenever required. Our problems with Telstra have been on-going for a couple of years. You would not believe some of the problems.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: We have a desk top. I presume we are using a browser. Unfortunately,we are oldies,and are not very proficient with the computer and it's terminology.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have joined Telstra Platinum,which we call whenever we have problems,and they take control of the computer and fix it from their end. This is the service we are looking for.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you need any more info?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 days ago.

Gmail does not offer any type of live support or live help unless you are a paying business apps member, and thats mainly for large orginzations, not the common person.

The only help gmail offers is tutorial pages posted on the internet that you have to search out and find.

For instance, if your password ***** ***** or lost, no one at gmail can or will help you. You have to go through an automated system and if you dont have the correct info or access to the correct backup accounts, your gmail account is lost.

So, in regards ***** ***** gmail, email account and the google services google will not offer you any live help whatsoever.

Nor do they offer any type of live help for computers and computer issues, whether you wanted to pay or not. The benefit to gmail is its free. It has a lot of features, but zero live help.

Honestly, if live help is a concern then what I would consider is making a free gmail account, but not relying on it for your most important mail, such as y our bank or credit cards, etc. Since live help seems to be a major concern of yours, sticking with telstra may be best.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.