Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am trying to get my i cloud apple account to work i no

Customer Question

i am trying to get my i cloud apple account to work i no longer have the email i started with and have forgot password ***** need to change id and pass word but since i dont have the email anymore and dont know password ***** am at a loss i opened this account after my husband died 7 years and dont remember what i did i have cryed trying everything
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Besides the iphone, do you have a mac or a windows pc that you have ever connected your iphone to, or accessed your icloud or apple account from?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WINDOWS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Allright.. And do you have itunes on that windows computer?

Or, had you accessed your icloud account or apple id at any point on that windows computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO APPLE ON HERE
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Allright, It may be simpler and easier if I connect to your windows computer via a screen sharing session. So that we can speak in live chat and so I can try to help you reset your apple id / icloud password ***** screen directly.

Ill send that offer to you now, if you reject the offer then we can try our best to continue via written support alone.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO THANKS
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ARE YOU THERE
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

I am here.

Question, even though you dont have the old email address anymore.. Do you know for certain the exact email address that used to be your icloud id / apple id ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IT WAS***@******.***
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Allright, go to this page

https://iforgot.apple.com/

Enter the full email address and click continue, and then try answering your security questions.. If you can answer them, then you can reset the password.

After you reset the password, you should consider updating or changing your email for your apple id.. But first, lets just focus on resetting the password.

let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am trying this on my phone not working
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Please describe what you mean by not working?

Are you not able to answer your security questions? Please be detailed so I can understand whats going on.. Thank you

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it says my security question is wrong its my birthday
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Maybe you used numerical numbers.. or maybe you spelled out the month.. If you try again, it should give you a different security question.

It usually rotates 3 questions..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when i type in htt//iforgot.apple,com npthing happens
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it says couldnt find anything to show
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i delete i cloud apple and open another one will i lose anything i have on my phone
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Try with your computer instead.. Go to this link

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Enter the full email address from your previous apple id.. And then try to answer your security questions..

let me know if you are able to get that far, or if you are able to answer your security questions or not, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it will not let me inter my birthday it says its wrong
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
confused been working on this for 3 weeks
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

So you cant even get to your security questions.. Youre getting stuck on the birthday section before the security questions?

And Im guessing you dont have access to the insightbb email address anymore?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Is it possible the birthday is ***** to your husbands.. Can you try that instead?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my husband died 7 years ago my mom is on my account but different phone ect
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it keeps asking her every now and then for her i cloud she dont remember nothing
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Ok, if her birthday isnt being taken.. Then she should try her husbands birthday.. And if it wont take that, then try your birthday..

normally, it would be the persons birthday who started the account, but sometimes people put their spouses or childrens birthdays instead...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
were do i type that apt you want me to go
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
facebook or what
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Its your apple id you are trying to reset, yes?

So this is the page we need to focus on.. https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Enter the old and correct apple id email address, click continue, click answer security questions.

And then try different birthdays till you get it right.. Hopefully, you can get to the security questions after the birthday, and reset the password.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
were do i type that i will try adain on computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Its probably easier to do so from the computer..

That way you have a larger view of what you are doing...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i typed what you said and it took me to a sight asking for id i typed***@******.*** and it wont let me inter birthday it seems locked
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what if i deleted my i cloud and apple id will i lose anything on my phone just start over
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

It doesnt seem locked.. Its still asking for a birthday in month, day, year format.

Now, as far as icloud and apple id.. The issue is, the apple id acts like an antitheft measure..

If you cant sign into your apple id, you could get locked out of the phone.. And its possible you could lose all your contacts, apps, purchased music, etc..

Maybe its best if I connect to your pc and try to help you with this on screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do i do that
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Ive sent you the screen sharing offer again.. After you accept it, I will send you some short connection steps to follow on your pc.. And then we will be connected and can work on this on the same screen.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am new at this so were is my pc i am sorry but new to computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To be clear, you do have a windows PC you can use, correct?

Or do you only have the iphone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am on computer now but been useing phone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i dont know what a pc is
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

PC = personal computer. Its just another term for computer.

Do you have a Windows Computer, with windows on it?

Or is it an apple computer, or Mac ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows 8
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Excellent, in that case if you would like me to connect and share your screen and help you directly with the apple id issue.

You would need to click and approved the screen sharing offer I have sent you. Then, I will send you the connection steps.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not a apple
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Im not sure if you read my previous message..

Please re read the message and let me know how you want to continue.. Thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i read it and have tryed it wont me click continue
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Are you trying to accept the offer from your windows 8 pc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did not know i was ask told ta i am dumb at this
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there has got to be a easier way to do this
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Maybe it might be best if we try to continue tomorrow, when its not so late at night.

Sometimes fresh minds make the process of working together go a bit more smoothly.

Your thoughts?:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thats cool how do i do that will i get you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am sorry my husband also took care of this stuff
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

As long as you reply on this same conversation page, you will get me!

To get back to me , either check your email. View one of the messages from justanswer that says you have received a reply or a message, open the message. Then inside it click the button that says view or reply on justanswer. That will bring you back to this page where you can scroll down and reply.

Or, go to justanswer.com, login at the top right. Then click my questions at the top right. Then, you will see our question listed there. Click the question, scroll down and reply!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks you so much
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem.. Ill see you tomorrow and hopefully we can make some progress on this issue together!

Good night,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

I havent heard back from you in a while. Did you still need help with this issue? If so, please send a reply when you can so we can continue working together.

If everything worked out, please remember to click and submit a 5star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.