James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Nothing is going on with my email now because I bought some

Customer Question

Hi. Nothing is going on with my email now because I bought some protection from The Best Computer Doctors. I found some entries to my email that were not mine. Because I have the Amazon account in my email and that is how I usually order, my credit card number is ***** in it so I just press the place order button without having to type in the number. I would like my credit card number not to be saved, I want to type it in each time I order. I am thinking if my email gets hacked into again the offender won't be able to use my credit card number to order off Amazon.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: I have gmail.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through my lap top at home or the computers at work, never phone, I don't have a tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, none now. When I saw the other entries from different cities I contacted Google. Some service sites came up, I pressed one and it was a computer fixing company. They asked if I knew people in Texas or callifornia as, I guess, they saw accesses to my email from those places, when I check ed I saw las Cruses, Nm and Mesa, Az. The computer doctor sold me some protection for a year for $169.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I am just asking that my credit card number not be saved. I want to type it in everytime I order.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 12 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
asking to have my credit card number not be saved is asking a question that requires a $39 dollar charge is not right, I think it is stealing and fraud. I saw a phone number to amazon i just would have called them about this. I do not feel I need to be charged.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did not see a phone number to call.

This site is called JustAnswer which is a paid support site. You can remove the card from your Billing Preferences or have Amazon remove it for you.