Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega,
Experience:  Tech Support annalist at Dell
96816985

I get 3 copies of emails and when I try to delete them it

Customer Question

I get 3 copies of emails and when I try to delete them it says unable to move message or this message has not been down loaded from the server.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer:***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Mini ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Change email to iCloud address when on phone with apple
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was given a phone # for outlook and the first thing this guy said that it will cost 100 to 400 dollars to help me..it was hard to understand him. I'm not very tech on this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. I'll need ot ask a few questions in order to best help you. Are you using the built-in Mail APP on your Ipad or are you using some other app on your ipad? If you log in to your outlook.com email using a web browser do the messages appear correctly there? (1 copy each not 3)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have always only received 1 copy and was able to delete after reading
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I understand. I still need to know though, which app you are using to get mail on your ipad. Is it the MAIL app with a blue icon with an envelope in the center? If you tap on your Safari icon on your ipad and go to www.outlook.com and login there, does everything appear there correctly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't want you to connect to my iPad...ill find someone else to help me even if it is to find another server company..the charge to my credit card should just be $5..I can't afford this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't tap on my phone for the response
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tap on a envelope with blue background to get my mIk
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should be get my mail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see where you have Already charged me the $5 and $37 and have done nothing..I'm thinking you should reverse these charges...thanks
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, do you still need help?

BTW, did you try simply removing the account and re-add it back but with IMAP settings, not POP?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure what is going on as I had a call where I had to enter securelogmeinres us.com and they had me enter a code ..was had to understand and he said he was from outlook...I hope this isn't a scam
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> he said he was from outlook.

You mean, from outlook.com of Microsoft? If yes, it is definitely a scam. No one from Microsoft will call an end user telling him some wrong and offer support. Do not follow any instructions from them.

BTW, did the guy have any accent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was hard to understand and he kept asking if I had a computer and I said all I have is a mini iPad...I can trembler what he had me enter first. It had to put these numbers in when at the site...345541... I'm scared
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> It had to put these numbers in when at the site...345541... I'm scared

At which site? outlook.com?

Anyway, no need to be scared. Nothing will happen if you simply ignore the scam. Just hang up the phone (which is something the scammer is most scared of, hehe).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm going to leave as is and try to switch to another server as since I have had problems with outlook I have had nothing but problems trying to get it resolved..I know the charge of 37 is refundable so I hope you will do that. I'll find a local person that can help with my problem, thanks and I hope nothing comes from that guy that had me enter that code. I don't like giving information like cc card info on line or over the phone.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

I have been using outlook.com since since the first day it went online. Pretty good and safe services supported by Microsoft, works smoothly Microsoft Office suites.

Your issue can be fixed here, and you are welcome come back any time.

If you think my suggestions were helpful, please kindly accept my answer and close this question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing has been resolved as I still get at least 3 emails every time you send one so I hope the $37.00 is refunded..I still think it's a problem between Apple and outlook.
Thanks
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> did you try simply removing the account and re-add it back but with IMAP settings, not POP?

Did you try my suggestion above? Just remove and readd account, make sure to IMAP. If this does not work, it means you have something wrong at outlook.com side.

Most likely, you have rules active at the server side. You may logon outlook.com via web (not your mail app) using your browser (such as Safari) to check the Outlook settings. Be aware, if you don't think you set any rules before and the rules are there, it is an indication of being hacked.

However, if you do prefer talking to Apple or Microsoft, I would recommend you to log on outlook.com first, check if everything looks good. If all are okay, e.g. you don't see duplicate emails in your Inbox of outlook.com using your browser, that means nothing is wrong with Microsoft, then you need to talk to Apple instead of Microsoft.

If you do see duplicate emails via web and you can't figure out any rules related, call Microsoft instead of Apple.

Does it make sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't done anything yet but nothing changed since all this mess started with the three emails..message has not been down loaded from server. Unable to move message to mail box trash. Thanks for your help but I'm not sure I can do what you asked with out some assistance but will live with it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It also started sending a email...No sender. No subject..this message has no content
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> I haven't done anything yet but nothing changed

Of course nothing changed as you haven't tried anything to address the issue. You paid for help but you never follow our suggestions, how could we help you though we are certified professional and the service is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Please try my suggestion.

Before removing the account, make sure you know the current PASSWORD ***** the account, otherwise you can't add it back.

If you don't know how to do that, check this YouTube video for the steps to remove the account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86kiDa-qxCQ

Then add it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKhfLXfl64

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Any update please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried everything you suggested and nothing worked so I'm going to bring it to a shop in town here. I will not give information on my iPad on line because of what happened with that other guy. Thanks for your help and I know the service was guaranteed so I expect to get a refund on the charge.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
If you do believe you have tried the above suggestions and nothing helped, please check below page to contact JustAnswer customer services.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0
Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** will try to help you with your problem.

Do you still want a refund? Will you allow me to connect to your computer and check the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want a refund

ok go to the page http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want a refund as I'm not satisfied with the service and NO I am not giving out information to have someone look inside my iPad to see what is wrong as I had a call from someone that said he was from outlook and I believe it was a scam and I hope he didn't get anything that he can hurt me with.