Alex Lako
Alex Lako, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IBM - Country Support Specialist
96848705

I did something to chrome, and now I can't get to my e-mail.

Customer Question

I did something to chrome, and now I can't get to my e-mail. How do I enter my e-mail?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I don't understand.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: You asked what e-mail service do I use? Do you mean G-mail? Yes. My address is"***@******.***".
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: A web browser on my desktop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, but Google says I should check the application event log......sxstrace.exe tool
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Perhaps I may have made some bad decisions when updating Chrome. I'm lost!
Category: Email
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Have you tried accessing your email from a different browser like internet explorer?

Expert:  Alex Lako replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have over 25 years of customer support experience working as an IBM Country Support Specialist.

I would like to help you resolve this problem for you.

If you feel that you may have done something to Chrome to create this problem, please do not worry.

This problem can be resolved with just a few simple steps, and they involve resetting Chrome back to default settings.

If you are fine with completing the following steps, then let's proceed.

Reset Chrome settings to default

You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the upper-right corner of the browser window and select “Settings”
  3. Type “Reset Settings” in the search box.
  4. Click on the "Reset settings” button.
  5. The next dialog asks you to confirm. Click the Reset button. ​

Only the settings for the Chrome profile you're signed in to will be reset. Your new settings will apply across all computers or devices where you’re signed in to your active profile.

With this, you should be able to re-connect with your emails. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I strive to ensure that my customers receive the best support possible,

If you were happy with my answer and it has resolved your problems, please provide a rating for my support. A 3 star rating of 3 or more is a positive rating.

If there is still something that needs to be addressed, then please respond back, and I will gladly look after the issue.

Thank you,

Alex