What kind of password ***** you referring to? Email password ***** Apple ID password? Or, your phone's pin code?
If so, which email service are you referring to? If you are not sure, please simply advise the part after "@" of your email address.
thunderbird? thunderbird.com? Or you are referring to an email program ThunderBird from Mozilla?
Sorry, yes for what?
Sorry I am confused. ThunderBird from Mozilla is an email program of computers, and I think you are talking about your iPhone...
Okay. So you mean you are using ThunderBird to manage emails on your computer, and now you need to use your iPhone to access the same email box as well. What's your email address? Something like***@******.***?
Got it. Thanks. Please follow below steps to configure your email at eatel.net
Setting Up Your Email (iPhone)
1. If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and choose Add Account.
2. Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with your EATEL service, choose Other .
3. Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section and enter account information.
4. Fill in your name, email address, password, and description (to be able to distinguish this account from other email accounts setup on your iPhone). Then click Save .
5. On the next screen, choose POP.
6. On the next screen enter your eatel.net account details, including the following.
7. Incoming Mail Server
8. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
9. Tap Save to save the entered information. Your iPhone will then verify your account information.
10. After a moment a message may pop up stating “Cannot Connect Using SSL, Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" You must click Yes to both prompts.
11. After a moment the setup will complete.
12.You should now have a fully configured account on your Apple iPhone. When completing the setup above, some information is automatically set; however, once setup is complete if you are still not able to send and receive email either contact customer support or advanced users may want to consult the information below.
13. Settings for Advanced Users
You do need the password ***** your email address***@******.***, the same password ***** used on your computer with ThunderBird.
Do you mean you forgot the password?
If so, you may try to find your password ***** in ThunderBird. Please check below link to see the steps.
What's your Thunderbird version, as well as your OS?
Sorry, OS stands for operating system such as Windows on PC or OSX on Mac.
No, nothing to do with Windows Control Panel.
Try pressing ALT key on your keyboard in a Thunderbird window, anything happens?
If so, this guide applies to 3.17. No idea why you can't see the Tools menu. Please check below link for help.
Good to know. Found the Tools option or the password?
Hello? Can you please advise what has been found? Tools option or the password?