Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I need to re-install my Windows live mail account.Had a

Customer Question

I need to re-install my Windows live mail account.Had a system crash and i cannot find it
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

What version of windows live mail did you have?

What happens when you click the Start button and immediately start typing "windows live"? The program you're looking for should instantly appear at the top of the list before you even finish typing its name. If that works for you then you can right-click it and choose "Send To" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)".

If that doesn't work then open "Computer" and navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail folder. Locate the file called wlmail and send it to the Desktop as per the instructions above. Finally, close that folder window, go to your Desktop and right-click that shortcut you just created and rename it to "Windows Live Mail" (although you can name anything you like).

If you have done this and you know it is not there; please follow the guide below to install it:

https://www.digitalunite.com/guides/email/how-download-windows-live-mail

This will walk you through the steps of download and show you what to do.

If you get stuck, please respond back and we will go from there. This should be all you need though.

Please rate the 5 stars at the top of the page to close out this question as it is the only way i am

credited for the work done with clients. Or, reply to continue if further troubleshooting is necessary.

~Franklin