Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

We have not received any emails on our hotmail account since

We have not received any emails on our hotmail account since last Saturday. we cannot send messages either.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: Since Sunday the 20th november
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: iPad usually but occasionally via Mac Book.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked the email account settings - look ok. The Mac Book asked for a log in password. We contacted Apple support and they said there was an ongoing Hotmail issue. Is this correct?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I Don't think so.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please do not try anything else on your computer or iPad for now. Microsoft is currently having technical issue with their Hotmail / Outlook applications. There is nothing wrong with your computer / iPad, so don't worry. Microsoft is taking their time to fix this. You can see the status any time at the website below:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

- The next update is tomorrow.

- In the mean time, you can access your hotmail email address at the outlook.com website on both your computer and iPad.

- Once Microsoft has fixed their email server issue, then your email application will work as normal. You can always go to the website below to check on their update:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

- For now, are you currently able to access your hotmail email address at the outlook.com website on both the computer and the iPad?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Are you currently able to use your hotmail email address at the outlook.com website for now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Also, if needed, for now, please try the following: Open the App Store app icon on your iPad, then type / search for outlook then get / install the Microsoft Outlook app. Then open the Microsoft Outlook app, and sign in your hotmail email address in the Outlook app. Then see if you can use your hotmail in the Outlook app on your iPad. The Outlook app should work well (similar to your Mail app previously.)

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? Microsoft has fixed the email server issue. Your hotmail email should be working fine on both your iPad tablet and Macbook computer now.

- Can you please check if your email is working fine now? Or is there still any issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All fixed now thank you. Great service.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,