James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I discovered the other day that my cell phone is not sending

Customer Question

Hi. I discovered the other day that my cell phone is not sending gmails with picture attachments. I contacted Sprint and they said it is a Google problem. My girlfriend said that my cell phone is not listed with Google. She looked and saw a 'sausage like thing' next to my gmail address. I tried calling Google (Sprint gave me the number) and they want a Pin. I entered my pin twice. They said my pin is not valid. I have reset my Google password ***** reset my 4 digit pin. The pin still does not work. I am not in an area for a 5 digit pin. I tried adding my gmail address and Google says it was taken. Well yes, I have been using it for about 6 years.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I just discovered it two days ago. I sent gmails on 11/8 & 11/9 and 11/20. 11/20 is when I discovered this.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want my laptop email and my cell phone email both in my account. My email on laptop is: ***@******.***. My cell phone number is: (###) ###-#### My gmail address (used for 6 years) is: ***@******.***.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 16 days ago.

> my cell phone is not sending gmails with picture attachments.

What' s specific error message do you see on the phone?

BTW, are you able to send attachment via Gmail on your computer?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It said No Connection. And then a button next to it said Retry.I THINK is might be fixed. I will need to hear from my girlfriend to see if she received hers as they are no longer in my Outbox. Please don't close the case yet, however I do thank you for what you have done so far.
Expert:  bbao replied 16 days ago.

Okay, just please update if anything is up.

Expert:  bbao replied 14 days ago.

Any update please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No update, sorry.
Expert:  bbao replied 13 days ago.

Did you try again sending an email with picture attachments using both phone and computer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please close the case and thank you very much.
Expert:  bbao replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome. Please contact JustAnswer customer services to close this question.