Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I haven't been able to get my email on my phone since

Customer Question

I haven't been able to get my email on my phone since yesterday. I've spoken with both Samsung and Verizon and the problem is not with them. It looks like my account disappeared frommy phone. I tried to reenter it and it won't get past the checking incoming server settings part
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Anyone at Hotmail?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my phone and computer. My accont is fine ont he compuer bit NOT on my android.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything that has been suggested, including deleting and reentering the account but it won't advance
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you get any error message, when you try to add the email address ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
having to do with incorrect login info, but it was correct
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I just want my hotmail back!

OK, when you access your email from PC, do you have to enter your email and password, every time or you just directly go to the email page ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It goes to my page

Can you tell me your email address ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Thanks

Do you have any email address with "thesmallthings.org" ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Any thoughts?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
that's my other account on gmail
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
which seems fine on phone

OK, if you are getting login information error on your phone then, it is definitely something wrong. You said that you are getting email on your PC without any problem that is because, in your computer, you do not need to enter your email and password ***** time. Just to make sure, just log out from the email account on your PC and then, try to log in again and let me know, what happens ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It works fine

Did you log out and log in or closed the email page and opened it again ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
logged in and out

Thanks, ***** ***** have Android Marshmellow on your phone then, there you will find an option to show your password ***** you enter it, like an eye icon, touch that icon and enter the password ***** make sure you are entering the correct password ***** not then, let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
where do I find that?

On your phone, after you enter your email address, it will ask you to enter your password ***** the account and give you a box to enter the password. On that box, you will find eye icon at the right side of the box touch that to view the password ***** which you will enter.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have the account on my phone
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It's gone

Do you know, how to re-add the account ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I tried, as I told the other person, it stops at the checking incoming server settings
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
with the whirling blue circle next to that phrase
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 11 days ago.

I'm another tech; I'm checking on this for you. Please wait a few minutes for me to troubleshoot.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Thank you for waiting. Microsoft is currently having technical issue with their Hotmail / Outlook applications / mobile devices. There is nothing wrong with your phone, so don't worry. Microsoft is taking their time to fix this. You can see the status any time at the website below:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

- The next update is tomorrow.

- In the mean time, you should be able to access your hotmail email address at the outlook.com website on your phone.

- Also, can you please try this: Open Play Store app icon on your phone, then type / search for outlook then install the Microsoft Outlook app, then open the Outlook app, then sign in your hotmail email address and see if you can access your email in the Outlook app.

- That may or may not work, but in the mean time, you can access your hotmail email at the outlook.com website on your phone.

- Once Microsoft has fixed their email server issue, then your Email app will work as normal. You can always go to the website below to check on their update:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am doing it through the browser on my phone. The fact that I can't reinstall hotmail right now on my phone is due to the problems with Microsoft?

That's correct. This is a problem with Microsoft; there is nothing wrong with your phone. This issue is occurring with many hotmail / outlook users. Microsoft engineers are working on the issue. Once Microsoft has fixed their email server issue, then your Email app will work as normal. You can always go to the website below to check on their update:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Pleas let me know if you have any further question, or if you need anything else. Thank you,

My hotmail is currently not working on my phone either, so it's definitely an issue with Microsoft.

- By the way, in the mean time, I am able to use the Outlook app on my phone, so I don't have to access the outlook.com website; it's as convenient as the Email app. Have you tried my previous suggestion yet?

- On your phone, open the Play Store app icon, then type / search for outlook then install the Microsoft Outlook app, then open the Outlook app, then sign in your hotmail email address and see if you can access your email in the Outlook app.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If you prefer to use the Email app, then please wait for Microsoft to fix. In the mean time, you can access your hotmail email account in the Outlook app, and/or at the outlook.com website. You can always get back to me if there is still any issue later on.

Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I downloaded the microsoft outlook app and it's a go. thank you!

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,