Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Windows live mail. cannot get or send mail, gmail, idevices

Customer Question

windows live mail. cannot get or send mail
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: idevices are ok. problem is with two pcs on same network
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarting router.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: checked that imap was enabled. restarted pcs
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, sign in to your gmail account and turn on Access for less secure apps.

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Then, try accessing Windows Live mail.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no good.
on one pc I cannot open a new message or download mail on the other I get "server has rejected login check user and password.
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 days ago.

It seems to be a temporary issue with Outlook.com. A lot of people are facing this issue right now. We are getting a large number of such requests. Currently Microsoft is having issues with the server and they are working on it. They expect this to be fixed in 2-6 hours. there is no issues with your emails/contacts, and that will not be lost.

However, users may be able to access the service by logging in to their Outlook.com accounts with a web browser as an alternative method.

Microsoft investigating an issue in which some users may be unable to access or use Outlook.com services or features. Please check the link below for curent status.

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is not the correct answer. Windows live mail has discontinued their product. Please refund any charges applied.
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 days ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please contact our customer service to get a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

S H E F I N