Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't get my T'bird to recognize "[email protected]"

Customer Question

I can't get my T'bird to recognize "*****@******.***"
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: comcast
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Thunderbird
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Talking to comcast. They say the account doesn't exist, but I had a email this morn using that address
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to login to that email address on a web browser to check if the email address is still active?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, I just tried
Expert:  Jess M. replied 17 days ago.

Why? What error did you get? Let me try to send an email to that account and see if it is indeed a non-existing email address.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Password *****
Expert:  Jess M. replied 17 days ago.

If it is just an incorrect password, then you can reset it using the Forgot Password ***** Please give it a try...

Expert:  Jess M. replied 17 days ago.

I tried to send a test email to your reported email account --***@******.***. And unfortunately, it is indeed a non-existing email account.

Here is the link of my screen shot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-4304ddb2

The error I got when trying to send you a test email indicates that the email address no longer exists. If you were able to use it before to send and receive emails, then I believe it could have been deleted or deactivated. Thus, there is nothing you can do on your Thunderbird program to access the email account since the server will only reject the attempt to connect to the account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess