James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Am setting up a new Win 10 PC. Just after installing Outlook

Customer Question

Am setting up a new Win 10 PC. Just after installing Outlook 2016 ALL my e-mail dating back many months disappeared. They are still on my provider's server (Comcast.net) but NOT viewable in my email client (Win 10 email program).
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since installing Outlook 2016 Saturday nite 10/19
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on PC via web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Spoke w/ Comcast/xfinity tech who helped me finf the "lost" mail using Xfinity Connect.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have read of similar situations w/other users ; most pointed to problems w. Outlook email filtering
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Just to check, when you sign into Comcast via your web browser, you are seeing the missing emails correct?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have to sign in via Comcast's web mail system, not thru my regular email client in Windows. The mail is still available on Comcast's server but I can't get to except by webmail.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you

In Outlook, if you send an email to yourself, is it received?

Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not interested...have already been billed for $42 when I only authorized $5. Not interested in participating in scams.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there,

Please do not insinuate I am scamming you... when you read the full message I sent you you'll see that's not the case

I asked a question, can you reply to it.

I will repeat