James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My husband always had access to my e-mail, but year ago fell

Customer Question

My husband always had access to my e-mail, but year ago fell ande lost his memory. problem is his name comes up on my [email protected] account if I open it. my stuff is all mixed up. cannot receive new e-mails on inbox, some is on my deleted items. some on other items, not in date order, just caos. dont receive any of my new e-mails. I am despared, how can i prevent him from seeing and working on my computer in future?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no not so far, you are the first one, and i need to access my computer without all this disruptions.
JA: I'm an assistant to the email technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Thankyou, will appreciate it very much. his e-mail address is***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through outlook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much knowledge of that, am 74 years old, worked on computers for 20 years. thats all
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of, o just want my e mail to work like before. o i recently went over to windows 10, wonder if that maybe also created problems
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, you want to stop him accessing your email account on your computer correct?

Please let me know

Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there,

Can you return to your question here please