Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Apparently Microsoft has stopped allowing Internet Explorer

Customer Question

Apparently Microsoft has stopped allowing Internet Explorer to use outlook or any of the original ways to use Windows live mail and there isn't anyone that I know that can fix it even with instructions. That is probably due to the fact that I don't understand any of it. I need to know who can fix the "Intialization of RSS support failed and therefore RSS feeds could not be updated. So I can't send replys to the emails I get nor can I scan and send documents.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since November 6th 2016
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I go to my Windows circle and ask for Programs and select live mail on my desktop computer which I purchased in 2013
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Comcast technical support and they have tried since that day to find a solution but have not been successful. They said they sent it to the next level of technicians and they don't have an answer either.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: other than the use of Microsoft outlook not working any more on these computers, no. there are those who say they can but they can't
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck