James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have been on the phone with hotmail as i cannot get access

Customer Question

Hi I have been on the phone with hotmail as i cannot get access to my emails on my iPhone since yesterday and I have been told its being hacked and it will cost some stupid $$ to fix I don't have that money and I was also told by them not to change my password? can you please help?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: i could access it yesterday but not today on my phone, I logged in via safari on my phone and it worked but not through the mail app
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have re-entered the incoming mail server and my username/password ***** it tells me they are incorrect
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I have just been told by hotmail mexico is hacking my account and they have blocked it and not to change my password.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What are the settings / server did you use?

Have you tried to delete / re-add the hotmail account?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like that hotmail Mexico person is a scammer. Please always ignore any phone call or message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Did this issue first occur before or after you first talked with the hotmail Mexico person?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,