James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I think my gmail acct. has been hacked. The sign-in info has

Customer Question

I think my gmail acct. has been hacked. The sign-in info has been changed. My account is***@******.*** Now it has been changed to heilbrun,*****@******.***
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just noticed it when I logged in today at noon.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Both. I use my iPhone and computer to log in. Have had recent difficulties with land phone (they disconnected my account) and with cell phone access. Right now my cell, from Google says "new sign-in from Safari on Mac. I wish to change my password ***** that will cure the access from outside. Can you help me? I am not proficient, and I recently lost a bag with a Credit Union transaction in it which probably fell into the wrong hands.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You are my first line of defense.
JA: Thank you.
Customer: What next, if you please, Pearl Wilson.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to delete compromising information. How to check latest log-ins. How to check other account characteristics. Thank you ever so much.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you know this new email account " heilbrun,*****@******.***"? Also, when you go to http://gmail.com, you login using your username as "*****@******.***", enter your password, but after loggin in, it is showing "heilbrun,*****@******.***"?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess