Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I lost something with my hotmail I am no longer able to sync

Customer Question

I lost something with my hotmail I am no longer able to sync it with any of my three device a sprint phone a sprint tablet and with an apple tablet.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: last time it synced was the 16th I now it isn't with my internet service or with hotmail because I was just able to sync my boyfriends email up to a different phone
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: With my cell phone I can and did log into my hotmail with a web browser today because I thought I had forgotten the password
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have removed the email account from the phone and tablet to try and log on again it will not let me I get unable to connect to the server I have taken my phone to the sprint store to make sure I haven't made a change on the device preventing me from logging on she was not able to find one
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

This issue is widespread at the moment.. It seems some hotmail servers are having DNS/ domain resolution issues..

Lets try a fix on just the ipad first.

Follow this guide to change the DNS server. When you get to the point where it wants you to enter the dns servers. Use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

1. Go to www.garmin.com/intosports/apps, and download the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app to your smartphone.
  2. Bring your smartphone within 10 m (33 ft.) of your device.
  3. From your device, select Menu > Settings > Bluetooth > Enable > Pair Smartphone, and follow the on-screen instructions.
  4. Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
  5. Select an option to add your device to your Garmin Connect account:
    • If this is the first device you have paired with the Garmin Connect Mobile app, follow the on-screen instructions.

• If you have already paired another device with the Garmin Connect Mobile app, from the settings menu, select Devices > in the Garmin Connect Mobile app, and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to enable phone notifications (optional).

Once you have changed the dns server, try adding your hotmail account agin.. Will it work now?