ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

We are trying to sign up for a google account and I think we

Customer Question

we are trying to sign up for a google account and I think we are on the last step, but it is taking forever to finalize....the little circle just keeps going around and it is telling us 'one moment please'.... How long should this process take?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Whom should I contact?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser, but the gmail account is not finished setting up apparently...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just tell me if I can close the page that is telling me 'one moment please' and try to sign in again?? This is very frustrating
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to finish this and go eat lunch...hahaha
Category: Email
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

How long has the process been taking to finish?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
probably 10 minutes
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Okay, thanks. It definitely should not take 10 minutes.

Has it already had you choose a password ***** the account?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

Okay, give me one second to check something. . .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This all started when I tried to set up a google photo account, since Picasa is no longer available... Don't really want a gmail account on this computer anyway...
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

One other quick question here, I know you mentioned wanting to go to lunch. Do you need to take your computer with you when you go?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, it is a desktop computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I try to just start completely over, it says that the email has already been used.... but it is my email, and I don't have another one. Just wish I could scrap the whole idea at this point.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

The finalization process should not take more than a few seconds, so if it's been going for 10 minutes then it's gotten stuck for some reason. It could be possible that the account has already been created on the back end, but just for whatever reason it hasn't pushed you through to the confirmation page.

Here's what I would recommend:

Go ahead and go to lunch and just let the computer keep working. If you come back and you're still not on the confirmation page, then go ahead and navigate away from the page and try to sign into your account with the username/password ***** you chose.

If for some reason you are not able to sign in, then you'll just have to try creating the account again.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any other questions.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if it will let me try to sign in with my existing email address. Thanks for your help,,,,, I guess. Is my credit card going to be charged for this??
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 months ago.

You would want to try to sign in with the new account, as mentioned. The account may actually be created but it just hasn't given you the confirmation. So whatever username/password ***** chose, that's what you'd want to sign in with. If it gives you an error, simply attempt to create the account again.

Regarding your credit card, I'm an independent Expert and don't work directly for JustAnswer. Any billing inquiries would have to be directed to their customer service.