GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

My wife and I shared a facebook together but later I opened

Customer Question

My wife and I shared a facebook together but later I opened my own. But now anything I pose comes as if it is from my wife. I cannot pose anything in my timeline without it going through the page managed by wife. What can I do?
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: I tried to pose something today but it still comes as if my wife is doing it.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through my laptop. I use aol and gmail. All I do is open the google chrome and type in my server
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to open new pages, use a different email address but still when I lock into facebook it assumes it is my wife.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is all I am dealing with.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help. If you just close your browser window after using FACEBOOK, without signing out, then the ext time you open it, (depending on your settings), it may automatically log you in as the last person who used it.

When you're on the Facebook page, please take a look near the top right of the page. There should be a name there to indicate which one of you is logged in. Please click on the drop down arrow beside the lock icon on the far right. It will bring up a list of options. The last option is "SIGN OUT". Please click on that. You should then be able to sign in with YOUR email address and password. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I am attaching a screenshot of the top of my Facebook page with my name highlighted and the lock icon highlighted. Hopefully this will be helpful to you.

If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If this doesn't solve the problem, be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.