James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have a new computer and have forgotten gmail password. I

Customer Question

I have a new computer and have forgotten gmail password. I only ever used gmail on my computer or my phone, so I don't remember my password. I am the only one who uses this account. email address is***@******.***. My name is Carolyn *.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 3 days, since I got the new computer.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I used to use internet explorer on my old computer, or I used my LG smart phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Signing on to gmail and going thru steps of 6 digit numbers to my phone. I do not have another email account that I know the password *****
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please help me. Can we talk on the phone - 601,(###) ###-####
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. All I want to do is reset my password ***** my gmail account.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

The phone/remote support is another offer. This one is for written support. I can send you a remote support

to log into your pc and help you thru your gmail recovery.

Also, do you still have access to your old computer? It may be stored somewhere. But, we will exhaust all possibilities.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is HP computer with Windows 10. My phone number is ***** I do not have access to the old computer.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's it.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am not satisfied with you service and I do not intend to pay any more. Please discontinue service and charges.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can assist you reset the password ***** your GMail account. Just let me know if you would like to continue.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 13 days ago.

OK. I will transfer your request for cancellation to the JustAnswer customer service.

Regards,