Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I purchased a combo pack HP61/61 for my HP printer and it

Customer Question

I purchased a combo pack HP61/61 for my HP printer and it has working fine for about 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden that cartridge is not compatable. I took it back to the store i purchased it from and they refused to do anything about it. I have ised the combo pack befoe
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: osyd ***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried to print several times, it won't respond
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

Please try removing the cartridge that is causing an issue

On the bottom of the cartridge, there is a copper contact. Let's try cleaning the contact on the bottom with a cotton swab or cloth. Lightly moisten the swab or cloth and clean the contact. Allow 10 minutes for the contact to dry and place it back into the printer. Does it work now?

If it continues with the error, please try this:

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Please let me know if neither option above works for you so that we can continue. If your issue is resolved, if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.