James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am having a lot of trouble with an automatic response that

Customer Question

I am having a lot of trouble with an automatic response that people are getting multiple times when they write to me. This was something I set up in my earthlink account this morning that created a major problem and was supposed to be dismantled - now it is happening in gmail - help !
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: it started happening in the middle of the day
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through my computer and my iphone -
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I called a gmail tech support number I found online and was pulled down a rabbit hole where the technician told me mu IP system had been infected and they could fix it for $400 to $500 ! How about you send me an email - at***@******.*** - and see if you get the response that says that my earthlink account is overwhelmed and please write to me at***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am very upset
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 23 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about this issue. Did you setup such automatic response in your Gmail account? You mentioned you only did it on Earthlink. Please confirm.
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess