James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My email was hacked last Thursday, I had a technician fix it

Customer Question

Hi, My email was hacked last Thursday, I had a technician fix it on Saturday but Im still not receiving inbound messages, only junk mail. I have tried contacting microsoft to get them to check verything from their side but its impossible to get hold of anyone
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: its a hotmail address but i just use outlook.com in the browser to check it
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: browser on my laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had the technician go through everything, theres nothing wrong on the laptop or with the email settings he tried everything & said it was a microsoft isssue that he couldnt do anything about
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I just want to confirm on HOW you access your Hotmail account. Is it through a web browser like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome or Safari? Or are you using an email program like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird or MS Outlook 2016?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess