GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I cannot send nor receive my e mail with the old e mail

Customer Question

I cannot send nor receive my e mail with the old e mail @live.com. I am trying to update to Outlook which I thought would be like the old Outlook Express I used to have. I can get into my e mail using outlook BUT I still cannot send anything and it has not taken anything from my Live.com
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: several weeks. There was an e mail from Outlook in my e mail but didn't read it until yesterday when I was having problems.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser I guess..it still comes in under Microsoft.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Asking Microsoft...after several hours on the phone the tech hung up on me. I tried Norton who after several hours on the phone said I should contact Microsoft. That number said holding time was over a half hour. I am 80 years old and can't hold the phone that long. I then tried Outlook Express where I was not only able to see my e mails but I liked the way they were set up. So I said yes to downloading Outlook. But still can't get them on my e mail icon and the note I tried to send didn't go,\.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Do you fix this or charge me and then tell yoou can't fix???
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lets try to talk
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

HI there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having trouble. I will do my best to help. It sounds as you possibly created a new Outlook account rather than importing your live.com emails into Outlook. It's very easy to get confused and do that.

In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

If you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here.