James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Up and google ending up being my default email server ; i do

Customer Question

up and google ending up being my default email server ; i do not want google i want to go back to thunderbird can you help me
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: it seems that google is my default according to my cel phone, before that i have always used thunderbird.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: i used thunderbird until an hour ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only trying to eliminate google through google
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i just want to go back where i was

I am not sure what you are asking.

Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email, news feeds, chat, and news groups. It is a local (rather than a browser or web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use.

This application uses it as a type of 'channel' to add emails too from gmail, outlook, yahoo, aol etc.

Google is just a search engine.

Are you trying to put thunderbird back on your cellphone and filter in another email account like gmail, outlook etc?

Did you already have thunderbird on your phone and want to use it as your default?

Please answer the questions above and if you are using your phone for it; what is the make/model of phone?