James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Our email server is WAVE Cable. We were using Windows Live

Customer Question

Our email server is WAVE Cable. We were using Windows Live mail to send and receive emails and that was where our contact folders were. Wave cable made changes and we go directly to their site for emails now. We have lost all of our contact info. Wave cable says that we would need you to help restore. What next?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Wave broadband
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Wave broadband technical service
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I may need to talk to someone to explaine
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I do not understand what you mean by using a browser to access your mail, but you lost

your contacts folder in an email application thru windows live mail?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Please confirm your version of windows live mail;

Where you created the contact folders; on windows mail or in your actual wave email account?

What does the email that is missing the folders end in? @gmail, outlook, yahoo or the wavecable/other .com?