James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I use microsoft exchange with my AOL account vs. the web. I

Customer Question

I use microsoft exchange with my AOL account vs. the web. I accidentally deleted all of my e-mails from my inbox yesterday vs.the one I was trying to permanently delete. I hit shift delete, and deleted all 175-ish e-mails from my inbox before i realized what I was doing. now, not seeing anywhere where I can retrieve or undelete. Did I lose all 175-ish e-mails ?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: yesterday was the first time. sometimes I see all of my e-mails selected for deletion, but I have been able to to stop it before it deletes all. yesterday, i really goofed & said yes to deleting before i realized all of my e-mails from my inbox was checked
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: either phone or tablet if I am mobile, but i use an account i created under microsoft exchange when i am either on my work desktop or my company laptop at home
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to find in any deleted or trash folders with no luck. I looked around the web settings & couldnt find anything but I just started to google and it said to start with looking in the trash folder. they are not in the trash folder that i can see
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, not at this time
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  derrickonline replied 18 days ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Stated you use Microsoft Exchange with AOL. I'm assuming you mean you use Microsoft OUTLOOK with your AOL account correct?