michelleclive
michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.
26798893

Nothing with email. I need to find out if I've been scamed

Customer Question

nothing with email. I need to find out if I've been scamed replying to a computer block. I call the # they said they were Microsoft tect, but I am leary
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell desktop Windows 10
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: WEb browser Google Chrome
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The technician unblocked the computer and put a program on it for $199 and then called back today to upgrade it. I didn't let them
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if this was a scam or not
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 17 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

No company like yahoo or google contact customer personally or send warning emails or any popup screens on your computer or smartphones.
Email servers are very safe and secure and no one can hack into it that is why there are many scams who claim to be Microsoft Google or Yahoo by sending popcall screen and warnings with phone number to call or they call you. You get into trap and they extort $300 to $500 and all of a sudden dissappear and you cannot catch or report them in that case be alert and try to be in touch with the trusted company by confirming they have a business online for more the 5 years and you have a number to call and reach them. I believe that answered your question, let me know if you have any question.

Feel free to ask if you have any question. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you