James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot access my hotmail.com account since yesterday. the

Customer Question

I cannot access my hotmail.com account since yesterday. the password *****'t work, I tried to reset it and got the run around from outlook. Now I have to wait until tomorrrow, I do need to get into my mail
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since yesterday. I have to say my computer had issues which were solved yesterday. I had to sign out of hotmail and just couldn't get back in
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have a desk top pc and usually I am signed into my email, so with a browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried resetting password, that didn't get me anywhere. I sent a messsage to outlook, there suggestions didn't work either, I am at a loss here and -frankly- quite frustrated
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I probably didn't help things by trying too often, at one point the account didn't exist anymore
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

I can provide you with the steps to post on their private forum but there is no guarantee that it will be resolved today and I do not have control over their decision. Would you like for me to provide you with those steps?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
no, I guess I have to wait until tomorrow and start all over again
Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

I would suggest that you still perform the private forum steps because there is no guarantee that you can bypass the system tomorrow either. If you are prompted with the wrong information messages then you will be deactivated for another 24 hours. With the forum, you can speak with a real person that moderates for Microsoft.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
no thanks, ***** ***** enough money already. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Please ignore the automated offer that was sent by our system. I do not have control over it.

Would you like the steps to post on the forum?