bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I am having major problems with my e-mail probably because I

Customer Question

I am having major problems with my e-mail probably because I am 80 and pretty clueless about the tech.
1. My current e-mail; address is "*****@******.***' I am receiving some thousand e.mails daily for all sorts of sources, including some pretty hot invitations to become everything from lovers of Russian women to you name it.
2. I tried to register a new e-mail address with Gmail, and was advised that it was ***@******.***, but that has not been confirmed, and I have even had a mail from someone else who claims the address is hers.
3. What do I need to do to stop all e-mails to***@******.***, and register a new address, which I shall advise to all my essential contacts, and ensure that I do not receive any others ?
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

> What do I need to do to stop all e-mails to***@******.***, and register a new address

Yes, all essential contacts should be advised.

Just in case you missed some key contacts who may send you to the Hotwire address later, you may enable email forwarding from the previous email address to new Gmail one. Once the previous email address has been well associated with the Gmail one, you can even send outgoing emails as previous email address though you actually write and send using Gmail.

As Gmail is very good at filtering spam emails, you should be no longer see those "hot" emails again though you can keep receiving useful emails from the previous mailbox.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hello, are you still there?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Did the above suggestions help?