Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Want to transfer email contacts from an older Microsoft

Customer Question

Want to transfer email contacts from an older Microsoft Outlook 2003 computer to a new Windows 10 computer using Outlook 2016. What is the best way to do this?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: A couple of months.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

So you have 2 computers involved in this issue. The computer with Outlook 2003 and the new computer with Outlook 2016. Do you still have that old computer now with you? If yes, is Outlook 2003 still running just fine there in the old computer?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that confirmation.

Can I remotely access your computers so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? In your case, I need to first access the OLD computer to get those Outlook 2003 contacts. After that, I will need to access your new computer to put those contacts in Outlook 2016.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess