James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Changed the password on one of my accounts now my main

Customer Question

changed the password ***** one of my accounts now my main account will not retreive the mail from that acct I've deleted it, re created it & keep getting Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: not yet why do I need to?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: blowing out & recreating Check mail from other accounts: for the email I want it to chk
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just help me fix it
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Did I just get ripped off by justanswer.com, does this have anything to do with google gmail
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

No, JustAnswer does not has any privileges to modify anyone's gmail account.

How are you trying to access your gmail account ? from mobile phone or computer ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
you can't assist me with my issue? -- on a desktop - real easy - changed the password ***** gmail acct#1 & now can't retreive mail from gmail acct#1 on gmail acct#2 - I've blown it out & recreated it still nogo gives me the error Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
no remote in here just tell me what to do or refund my $ plz

Yes I can help you to fix this.

Sure .. You must have got automated notification. You can ignore that.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
it will not build the link to gmail acct#1 can't ignore that

Can you take a screenshot of that error message and upload it to this chat box? I am trying to figure our if you are using any tool like thunderbird or outlook to access your email account.

No, I was taking about secure remote assistance notification. You can ignore such notifications if you are not interested in these additional features.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am using Gmail to retrieve mail from another gmail acct - it was working for years until I change the password ***** gmail#1 now it will not take the password

Okay ,Got it !! Did you check if your password ***** ***** when you are trying to login to individual accounts ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.

Try turning on the access using below link :-

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Login with your 2nd account and then click on Turn On

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
password ***** the acct's not the issue - retrieving gmail#1 from inside gmail#2 is the issue - do you use gmail - Check mail from other accounts:

Yes , I use it. Did you try to turn on above setting and then try to login ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
you have now been charged for the remaining balance due of: $37 I didn't agree to that

Please go through below instructions step by step and see if all the settings are still in place.

First, change your settings in your other account:

1. Open the Gmail account you want to import from.
  2. At the top right, click the gear .
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  5. In the "POP Download" section, select Enable POP for all mail.
  6. In the drop-down menu next to "2. When messages are accessed with POP," choose what to do with messages in this account, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox (recommended).
  7. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.

Then, change your settings in your new account:

1. Open the Gmail account you want to import to.
  2. At the top right, click the gear .
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select the Accounts and Import tab.
  5. In the "Check mail from other accounts" section, click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
  6. Enter the full email address of the other account, then click Next Step.
  7. Enter your password.
    • If you use 2-Step Verification: Enter a new app password.
    • If you use Gmail with your work or school account: In the "POP Server" section, enter mail.domain.com, then select Port 110.
    • If you can't sign in, try turning on access to less secure apps. You might also need to unlock CAPTCHA.
  8. Now you have a few options to choose from. Here’s our recommended settings:
    • Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server - Leave unchecked. This setting is controlled in the POP settings of your other account.
    • Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail - Keep checked.
    • Label incoming messages - Check the box if you’d like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account.
    • Archive incoming messages - Leave unchecked. Only check if you don’t want to see new messages from the other account in your inbox.
  9. Click Add Account. If you get an error message while getting set up, click the Show error details link to find out more about what’s not working.
  10. Once your account has been added successfully, you'll be asked if you want to be able to send mail as this address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
your charging me for info that's on gmails website - plz refund my money or
I'll take it up with my credit card company

Okay !

These were basic trouble shooting steps which needs to be followed first before going for other solution.

I have asked customer service to cancel this request.