James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Since 5 Nov, unable to send or receive email via

Customer Question

Since 5 Nov, unable to send or receive email via netscape.com. Have spent 7 hours on the phone and online with their techs -a few minutes ago, they finally got my email working using the netscape site. But Thunderbird keeps generating error messages "unable to connect to server" and "server timed out." Per netscape, they believe the problem is with Thunderbird.
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: every time I tried since 5 Nov.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: desktop, via Thunderbird.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything available -contacted Netscape Techs, unable to resolve after 7 hours over 3 days of trying.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No -am using windows 10.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  derrickonline replied 25 days ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Would you like to do a remote session, or continue via chat? I think a remote session might be better suited for this issue.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Per your initial page, the charge to answer my question said $5.00. No further charge is mentioned. Find it unsavory that you've not answered my initial question, but quick to charge me an additional $42.00. You can cancel that charge immediately, plus the original $5.00. Suggest you advise quickly. You are also in violation of your 7-day free trial.