GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I can NOT log on to my account using my password. PLEASE

Customer Question

I can NOT log on to my account using my password. PLEASE HELP
My password ***** does NOT work, my pin let me on window but I can't log on to my email "*****@******.***" with my password. I think someone has hacked into my system, I am now using a Gmail email "*****@******.***" if you need to contact me. Thanks Doug Fick
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Doug! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Can you answer the security questions associated with your ***@******.*** account please? What is your favorite movie?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If you think you may have been hacked, you should consider having your computer thoroughly scanned and cleaned to get rid of any spyware, malware, or virus that you may have. I can provide detailed written instructions for you on how to do this, or, if you like I can do it for via SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. If you'd prefer to do it yourself, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried to name the movie but could NOT, I tried all the ones that I could remember but none worked. What happened was I received a phone call with a urgent message that my computer was being hacked, this company said I used them before and that's how they knew, so I gave them permission to get into my system to clean it up. After that I was having problems, I took system to "BEST BUYS" Geek squad and they clean it, but said I would need to get account recovered thru Microsoft. And I would like to Have the written instructions on how to do it myself.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Oh wow! I'm sorry that you've had to go through all of this. It sounds as though that was a SCAM phone call. The email address that you provided is a TimeWarner/Spectrum email account. If you can't access your email, they should be able to help, not Microsoft. However, if you have used that address as your Microsoft account address, perhaps that is why they told you that you would need Microsoft.

I will be happy to send detailed written instructions on how to thoroughly scan and clean your computer, but before I can do that, I need to know what version of Windows you have, as the instructions vary a little, depending on that.

If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its 8.1, 64 bit, x64 processor
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. I have attached detailed instructions in a pdf document. Please save it to your computer and then print it out as you will have to reboot during the process and having a printed copy will make this much easier for you. Please keep in mind that this are instructions for scanning and cleaning your computer. Although it is important to do that, it won't solve your password *****

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If you have any questions about the cleanup process or the instructiosn that I have provided, be sure to let me know so I can try to help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I may have a solution for the password ***** as well. If you can login to your computer using your pin, after you are logged in, please go to SETTINGS and search for change password. You will be asked to re-enter your pin. Then, just follow the prompts on the screen to reset your password.

If that doesn't work, please also take a look at this link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

This may help you with the password *****