James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I use windows 7 64 bit- I was using a windows live short cut

Customer Question

I use windows 7 64 bit- I was using a windows live short cut on start up and it would bring down my cableone mail to it--- then I had problems with Internet exployer and the cable guy to fix it had to total clear out the internet exployer- then it fixed that part but then I clicked on my windows live mail Icon and it couldn't download my cableone mail to it- call them back he had to delete my cableone mail then redue it- but then it showed 2 mail out going we didn't send and it locked on it and then we never could get back in- I delete windows essentials 2012- but when I tried to get mail back couldn't-
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: provider is cableone.net
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I had Icon for windows live mail and it would bring my cableone mail down to it---
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the cableone tech tried all he could- but he said needed to contact Microsoft on it- that is when I uninstalled it---
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I want either windows live mail on desk top that can draw my mail from cableone to it---or even outlook express I use to use it at one time till it went outdated---
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact message you get now when you try to download the emails within windows live mail?

Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I asked a question and you charged me on my credit card 5.00 and 39.00 but I didn't want this service---Please cancel order number 16829327-917 as I never used tech-Ok- I solved it myself- so remove my credit car 5.00 and 39.00 you charged it---let me know when you finished doing this- if I don't hear from you I will contact Visa to file against the amounts-Ok- Thanks Gary
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

no problem Gary