James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot activate Word after repairing the Office 365

Customer Question

I cannot activate Word after repairing the Office 365 package via the Contrl panel
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook. However , i have gmail account as well and it is recognised by part of the activate process
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: a web browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Control Panel/Program anf Features clicked on change and then selected office
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would prefer my gmail account to be used rather than outlook
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 20 days ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

May I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is an optional service with a one-time flat fee, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume it at any time, without additional costs. It also is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No. You cannot remotely connect to my computer. I have also worked as a computer for 15 yrs and the problem is not at my end. It's at the Microsoft end where part of the activation process recognises outlook as my email adress and another recognises my gmail address. The mixup happened when i originally registered Office 365

OK, thank you, ***** ***** do you want me to do to help you then please, if you think that you know the answer to your question already? Please let me know so that we can continue to solve your problem? Thank you.