James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot get into my email account. I changed my password

Customer Question

I cannot get into my email account. I changed my password ***** set up 2 step verification but I still can get into my mail ON MY LAPTOP. It works just fine on my iPhone and iPod. I put in the verification code and it works. But not on my laptop.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Its either gmail or yahoo. I guess it would be yahoo if I can I can't access tamil.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Both iPhone and web browser equally
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried "taking all accounts online" in the browser and it doesn't work for gmail (but does for yahoo). I check it out with trouble shooting and it shows something like can't connect to IMAP. But I'm not "fluent" in that stuff. I don't know how to check any further
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just want to find out how to get onto my email on my computer again
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 24 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 24 days ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?