James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

It seems I have changed to activesync. I am getting email on

Customer Question

It seems I have changed to activesync. I am getting email on computer using windows live however it keeps asking for my password. I have changed it and it does not seem to work. I also noticed my phone has stopped receiving email. I do not think I have been on active sync there
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: my computer is a dell latitude E6500 running windows 10. I have recently upgraded from outlook 2007 to outlook 2016. My phone is a Samsung s5
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On phone through standard email and on computer through outlook 2016
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The problem started when I updated Outlook. I think it works but I do keep getting message regarding password ***** when I go onto account I think I get message that authentication has failed
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I noticed today that my phone email has not received mail since yesterday. It was not on active sync I don't think. Tried to put it on active sync and could not.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I think I have the answer. I have the correct password ***** I had to change to migrate to the new domain for Hotmail. I have both phone and computer receiving email but the domain has changed for both.
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 23 days ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Is everything working just fine again now or can I still help?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck