Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't access my e-mail account. I did nothing, but I am

Customer Question

I can't access my e-mail account. I did nothing, but I am being asked for my password. The "Remember Password" box is checked but the password ***** shown is only 3 digets. I tried typing the password ***** I normally use, but it is also being rejected. I don't see any cue such as "Forgot password?". Can you help me?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HP - don't know the model number. Was installed within the last five months. Also, you upgraded my system to Windows 10 against my wishes. I am having trouble navigating through the system, despite following the HELP instructions.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About five days. I called the computer technician who installed the computer. He is very good, but suggested that I contact you for assistance.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sound has been off for about two weeks. I didn't do anything to cause this. The HELP advice told me to click on the Device Manager and then go to Sound icon. I can't find it. In Windows 7, I was able to go to Control Panel, click on Sound and then check a number boxes to see if a "Mute" option had been activated. Unclicking it cured the problem.
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me your email address please and I can check the status?

You can send it to me using the "Type your reply here" box below and clicking Send.

Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Please send me the email address you are having the problem with on this page.

You can send it to me using the "Type your reply here" box below and clicking Send

Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.

I can help with this. I just need to know the email address you're having the problem with.