Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have lost my samsung phone in the woods, I cant remember

Customer Question

I have lost my samsung phone in the woods, I cant remember my password ***** login to my gmail and track my phone to find it because I cant remember the password, google keeps sending the code to my phone so that I can get into my email and reset the passwrod so.. is there a way to get my password ***** my phone?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: since Monday when I went to the AT&T store to see how I could find my phone
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive tried everything thru google and nthing works they send a code to a different email and when i enter it the message I get is that google cant verify it is me
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont guess I just need to find out if there is anything that you can do. I have to find my ohone
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

Do you have cell phone or 2nd email address associated with your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I do not have an email associated with the account. I never set that up. I have tried using that account for them to send me the code and I get the message that Google can't verify my identity.
Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

Did you set any secret questions with the Gmail account? If yes, do you remember the accurate answers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I don't have any questions either. This was set up by AT&T when I got my first Android phone. I didnt set it up.
Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

AT&T set up your Gmail account for you? That's normally not something they do. :)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I twas set up in the store. Will you be able to help retrieve the password?
Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

If you don't mind, I may help you reset it from my side. Be aware that you may be asked fro sensitive questions here during the process. Do you agree to continue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We can not retrieve the password
Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

Okay, then I cannot help you further because we can't restore anything without the account owner's consent and assistance. Basically the success is up to accuracy of the information you provide, not us or anyone else.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What you can do is go into the AT&T store and request a new SIM card.

Have this activated to your account and then ask if you can put it into a store phone so you can receive text messages.

Then perform the password ***** and have it sent to that phone.

You can then complete the process to get the password *****

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
O know that bit if I do will they be able to still reactive the other phone so we can find it?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

It is not about reactivating the phone, you need to gain access to your Gmail account then you can locate it, so via my instructions you can get the password ***** and then locate it

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you