Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I'm not very tech savvy so my descriptions and terminology

Customer Question

Hi, I'm not very tech savvy so my descriptions and terminology will be a bit awkward. But the bot***** *****ne is : I'm not able to download email attachments form email into my computer. I can open them but not download. The message which comes up is 'Failed- virus scan failed'.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Lenovo Believe the model is T420. Windows 7 I believe
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I view my email on a phone often. But downloading and other tasks on my computer. I get confused with a the terminologies but I believe for WEB Browsers I have Google Chrome, Mozilla Foxfire and Internet Explorer. My Tech guru friend had told me that it was only on one or two of the browsers that I was having the problem with. But now I think it's everything. The exception with being able to download being:
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had a tech savvy friend take a crack at it. I'm not sure what she did. I'm basically a near-cave man when it comes to this.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. Maybe adding that my tech guru friend said that my anti-virus program was working and it didn't seem as though there was actually a virus present - at least causing this problem. Maybe it was a detection firewall gone awry?
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software, so that I can access your computer.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9ac15ff3-31ae-47ba-af2c-b956ec849f57

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know what status is. I recieved a message from bank questions charges/payments to your site and I approved the transactions. What is happening now? Are you working on my email download problem?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Little confusing. I clicked on agreeing to and download stuff. What is going on now?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

After downloading, run the downloaded file, so that I can access your computer and help you resolve the issue.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I run the down load file?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

When you download, you will be asked to run the downloaded file. If you are using Chrome, just click the downloaded file that you see on the bottom left corner of Chrome.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry- I'm not getting it. I don't see a downloaded file. It appeared to be somewhere once and I clicked 'Download'. Now what?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

May I know the browser you are using? Is it Google Chrome?

Okay, please click Start button and select Documents. In Documents, open the Downloads folder that you see on the left pane.

In Download folder, find and double click Elsinor software. Run it.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not seeing a 'Download' file in Documents. Under 'Download' which I believe is the actual download file I haven't seen anything that says Elsinore.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've searched Documents and Downloads by date and nothing we're talking about has come up. Are you still there?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe right now it's google chrome. Or it could be Mozilla Foxfire. The Google Grome icon in lower desktop task bar is lit up. does that mean we're now in Google Chrome?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Do you see a Down arrow button on the top right corner of your browser?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you mean 'Settings' ? (with the cog wheel and down arrow) By 'browser' are we talking my email window?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

In settings, do you see Downloads option?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I clicked on settings and see a lot of other stuff: 'Lauguage, Phone Numbers, etc etc etc. Obviously I'm not on the same page as you
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

If you have Google Chrome, can you open your email in Chrome? and check this message from there?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe I am in Google Chrome. The google chrome icon is lit up. Is it possible we can have a conversation on the phone?
this method of communications is cumbersome, time consuming, inefficient and a bit frustrating.I also dont know if my payment has gone through to your company. I'm frustratingly in the dark- not much better than when we started.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Do not worry about the payment. If we are unable to resolve the issue, we will help you get a refund.

If you download anything on Google Chrome, it will come on the left bottom corner of Chrome. Please try downloading it once again.

Go to the link, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good news and bad news: I can see the Elsinore file on my screen to be opened. The bad news is- the very problem which I've contacted the help center for - cannot open attachments/ downloads - shows up under the folder. I'm assuming I can open this either? I'll try. Usually it comes up empty or wont do anything. Where do we go from here?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

It is not an attachment. it is a downloaded software. Double click on it and run it.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now I can't find the attachment. I'LL have to search for it. When I clicked on solutions or whatever it said that one possibility was that my computer may have reached its memore capacity. Could this be the case?
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please restart the computer. Be back after restarting the computer and try again.

Thank you.

S H E F I N