Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I installed the new outlook upgrade and lost all of my email

Customer Question

I installed the new outlook upgrade and lost all of my email folders is there someway of restoring them
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: 5 hours
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none I would not know how to
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you see the word Inbox?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hotmail
no to the inbox
XP
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry yes I can see inbox

Are you receiving new email messages fine?

Do you see anything below Inbox?

Can you please click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open System (or open System and security -> System), and confirm your Windows edition there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
windows 10 home

Are you using Outlook 2016 program in order to access your hotmail email? Or do you go to the hotmail.com (or outlook.com) website in order to access your hotmail email?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to outlook 2016
no to remote

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Do you see all your email folders at the hotmail.com website?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have done some troubleshooting for fixing this issue. I believe your email folder pane is collapsed. Can you please try the following:

- When you are in your outlook email, click on the tiny right arrow icon at the far left side and near the top. Then it should expand all your email folders.

Please reply at the box below to continue. I will troubleshoot further as needed. Thank you,

If needed, please click on the website below for the illustration:

http://imgur.com/EpLepw9

- Do you see the small Right Arrow icon located near the upper left corner in your Outlook email program?

- Also, if needed, if you change your mind, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue while you are watching. I can also fix any other computer issue if you have. And/or I can call you also.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,