James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm actually writing about my husband's gmail account, which

Customer Question

I'm actually writing about my husband's gmail account, which he is having trouble sorting: his mail seems to arrive in no order whatsoever: not by date, nor name, not alphabetical...my own, on the other hand, is automatically sorted chronologically under 3 categories: Primary, Social and Promotions. How can we do that for him?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: At least a couple of years: that's why I'm trying to resolve it, he doesn't seem willing or able! IT's driving me nuts!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On a desktop computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't see any place on the gmail inbox page to selecct anything that might help.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of for the moment...I hope I'm not going t have to explain this again?!
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 29 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Thank you,

Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
gmail.com

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.