James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Please help me i needed to reset my phone becasue my

Customer Question

please help me i needed to reset my phone becasue my daughter blocked me, i donot remember my pasword and my number changed . the number i have with gmail acct is old number so i do not have access to that to recover my email. or to my back up email because i cant see any text coming through to reset please help me
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: just today
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: backup email or phone
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just need my phone number updated with gmail so i may get a reset code to acces my email on my phone to get my phone back up and runni g
Category: Email
Expert:  derrickonline replied 3 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. I want to set your expectations first...

When a password ***** ***** (or in your case, changed by your daughter), there are mechanisms in place to help you recover the password. One of those is having an updated phone number on file to help you regain access.

There are a few more fail safes but in the end ultimately if you strike out across the board you'll be locked out of your account permanently. This is a security measure, you could be an ex-wife/husband, stalker, etc trying to gain access to someone else's account therefore these safeguards are in place for a reason.

With that said, I think we should take this to a phone call so you're not exposing personal information over the internet since this website is viewable across the internet. That is a considered a premium service and will cost more. I will propose it and you can accept or decline it. If you decline and you wish to proceed through text just know all correspondence is viewable by anyone on the internet.