Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I was away so did not finish reviewing, everything seems to

Customer Question

I was away so did not finish reviewing, everything seems to work with two issues remaining :
1. when using Excel, I get a message dealing with a licensing issue. It asks me to login which I do with***@******.*** but it then rejects me. Yet, Excel seems to be working.
2. In outlook something happened to one of my addresses***@******.***, I cannot get my new messages, as it produces the following error : "
Task 'EEG - aol - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'"
Barring that you seem to have resolved the problem. Can you finish it up by resolving the two remaining issues.
I'm available when you are.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Please download and run this file and provide me the ID/Password:

https://connect.teamviewer.com/v10/index.aspx

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have TeamViewer, you can connect : ID 111 532 040 Password *****
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ty

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I hope you're satisfied with the help I provided.
If you need anything else, you can submit a new question at the below link.
http://tinyurl.com/codyexpert

Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Please use the star ratings at top to rate.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Cody, I'm sorry to say that your intervention yesterday just blew up this morning when I opened Outlook. Now I get this message when trying to send Emails :
"Task '*****@******.*** - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'"
If this is true of all addresses I've got a huge problem and I'd like you to fix whatever you did yesterday. I know we created a new aol account for***@******.*** with a new password ***** you deleted it but now I'm getting a message that my aol account is not up to date (???).
Please advise.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked the other Emails and it seems that the same error applies to all Email addresses.
I'm in deep s..t !
Obviously am here whenever its good for you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Emails work when you test them, both sending and receiving, but all of them directed to the new box now show nothing and it is not possible to "change".
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Finally, when you click on change you find multiple "Data Files All Operations.pst" but when you go to Documents\Outlook Files you find only one. However it is not possible for me to discern which of the multiple ones in "change" is the one in the "Outlook Files"
The old files you made "OLD" are still there. The Emails that are not directed to "Data Files All Operations.pst" seemingly function and that shows up in "change"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Task 'LEGAL NoraChem Surety - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'LEGAL NoraChem Surety - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'SAles NIS - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'SAles NIS - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Orders NIS - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Orders NIS - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Norex Legal - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Norex Legal - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Finacor US - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Finacor US - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'EEG - FalkenEU - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'EEG - FalkenEU - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task '*****@******.*** - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task '*****@******.*** - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'ShareHOLDERS - FLKI - Dedicated Correspondences - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'ShareHOLDERS - FLKI - Dedicated Correspondences - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Srdjan RISTIC - FLKI - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Task 'Srdjan RISTIC - FLKI - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'
Same error etc
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I recreated the address***@******.*** that you deleted and pointed to "Data Files All Operations.pst" and that works. As to all other addresses they point to nowhere and I can get that to change !
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm checking my Emails often waiting for your contact so I'll be available when you are.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I see you are online at the moment, I happened to pass by my computer so if you want to connect let me know I'm here.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just discovered it, there are now 2 calendars - no clue both are called "My Calendar" but one is subordinate to the other. However both appear on screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Calendar issue seems solved, but all the options were gone and I had to reset them.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have TeamViewer and am here 111 532 040 Pwd 5d2gy7I just deleted***@******.*** and made an identical, but this time it let me point to the outlook.pst file and that particular address works.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

k

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Cody.
Sorry and you are going to perhaps consider this a pain, but it is a grave problem for me, and it relates directly to your last intervention.
You'll recall that you changed all of my email addresses to a different pst file for each. At he end, a "send receive" was performing. What was not checked however and what is creating a serious problem for me today, is that all of my past emails and responses have disappeared. Much of my work is "on the record" and I must be able to prove and thus recover a past Email setting one argument or another.
So the "fix" worked to solve the continuing problem then observed but as you can see created a new problem that I cannot operate with.
I will make myself available at your convenience.
As I do not know where you are (I am in Oslo Norway) I cannot establish the time difference so I will check this page and my Email every hour or so.
Sorry, but thanks for your attention to this.
Best regards
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

we'll need to import the old pst file to 1 of the accounts

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, do you mean simply redirect one to the Data File All Operations ? However note that the Email***@******.*** uses that you left it there though you changed the others. If that is true then we have one address with the "old" file.
Course I may not know what I'm talking about. If you want to look I'm here let me know right away and I'll send the TeamViewer pwd etc. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I just found this. I went to the one address and looked. All the old Emails are in the inbox, or at least I think so since it shows 7000+ however I cannot find the "sent" for "Data Files All Operations", that gives me the Emails I received but nothing more that I can figure out !!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please let me know if I should continue to sit here in front of the computer...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible to move all the "old" stuff into an archive where I can go to get it when needed ? Is that easier ?
I moved the address***@******.*** to All Data, but same deal no record of sent Emails.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

yes all can be moved to an archive folder

looking at 3:00pm est or anytime between 6:00pm - 11:00pmest

its 10:00am est right now

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, I'll send you the Teamviewer information at 17:20 my time (same as Paris). If you are in NY that should be 11:20 your time.
Thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm here.
TeamViewer ID 111 532 040
Pwd 54agr9
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The ideal situation for me is one pst and one inbox in consequence except for one or two... let's come as close to that with assured access to my historical records !
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I should say one inbox for***@******.***, one inbox for djnary, and one inbox for everything else - to be truthful I don't care how many pst, however you told me that only one would do for my "plan" and "desire" !!
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

sorry messaging from phone, I meant pm tonight, does that still work or do we need to find a diff time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Waited till 18:30, going out to get a sandwich will advise on return but let me know a time when you will respond to my sending the password, save me sitting there ! Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm back, the new password ***** *****
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello ???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's 19:30 I waited in front... I suggest tomorrow at 9:30 am my time (same as Paris) or 6 hours later than NY. If that is OK send me an Email and I'll stand by for you.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I sent you another message stating it would be pm est time

we'll try to get together tomorrow

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
PM eastern time means for the most part the middle of the night for me. Can you narrow down the hour at which you want me sitting here (sending you the password ***** I start) taking into account the fact that I am six hours later than NY time. Thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

tomorrow around 9 am est

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, I assume that means today November 17 which makes it around 3pm my time. I'll send you the password ***** for TeamViewer as soon as I sit down in front of the computer.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm here, TeamViewer ID 111 532 040 Pwd 5r7s8k
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

Did you get there and download the file?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was away and my computer rebooted for some reason. I'm in front of the computer now and the TeamViewer ID is the same 111 532 040 and the Password ***** Let me know how long I should wait.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I downloaded the file you asked just a minute ago. I assume it's your in-house version of TeamViewer. Is there anything further I should do ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello ?
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I messaged you that I would be right back on remote connection, are you around still?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I waited an hour past the finish of the process you launched (importing...). I'm here now but I don't expect you to be up at 4 in the morning. How about you make a noise when you are up and in front of your computer, so I can get to sending you the new pwd for TeamViewer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK according to my watch it is 8 AM where you are (supposing 6hrs later than us here in Oslo). I will send the TeamViewer information at 8:45 AM your time and wait in front of my computer for an hour. Advise if this doesn't work for you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ID 111 532 040 PWD ee58q7
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will wait until 17:00h my time since I have no confirmation from you. If you can't do it now tell me when to log in again please.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's 16:43, I've been sitting here since 8:45 am waiting for a connection, and no sign of one nor suggestions for a better time. That's about 5:30 hours I have sat babysitting my computer. There has to be a more efficient way to do this ! Still here...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, I've waited since 8:45 this morning your time and it is 11 AM your time now. I suppose you are too busy, though the site indicates you are on line. Please contact me when you can actually respond when I come in. Remember I am six hours later than you so I can't schedule in the middle of the night, no more so than you can. I just need to know that when I set aside time to be here, that you are going to be responsive. It's now over six hours of babysitting for nought... Please get back to me.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I wouldn't be waiting around, I apologize but our hours are completely opposite of each other.

I'll be around tomorrow all day, we can shoot for anything after 10am est

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok then, it's 8:35 am hour time now, I'll send TeamViewer's information at 10:00 am your time and wait a half hour.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm here
ID 111 532 040
Pwd ee58q7
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm here
ID 111 532 040
PWD tgg723
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you available to pick up where we left off ? If not now then when - time and day.
Thanks
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I'm going to opt out, I do not have anymore ideas on how to get the emails imported. We have tried every way, it appears the hard drive or pst file are corrupt, either both or 1 of them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got that, however you are leaving me with no access to my I drive. The computer sees it but the name "Backup:I" doesn't show any more, instead I get Local Drive I:...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, you said you gave up because you could not copy Archive.pst from Drive I:, this on the basis that either the file or the Drive I: was corrupt. That was the only reason given for your inability to restore my outlook email records so that I could consult the history of past "Sends" etc.
Well the file is now copied to Outlook Files on the main drive with all other pst files that you created. The new file is called archive(2).pst and copied with no problem and shows at its full size.
What I don't know how to do now, is how do I get my historical records in Outlook, as noted the loss of my ability to recoup sent Emails has grave consequences for me.
You now have your solution - can I get mine please !
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will gladly tell you how I did it on our next connection - please advise when.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have resolved access to I drive, and the problem that you could not resolve regarding copying the pst file. What I don't know how to do is finish your mission, ie get my historic records back in Outlook. You indicated that the only reason you did not finish is the copying of that file - that has been done, so please reconnect and finish the job.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It appears Cody is offline, here in the states its ThanksGiving!

If you still need help with this, I would like to help you. Let me know when you are ready to continue.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, I'm here now fi you want to connect I have TeamViewer and can give you the ID and Pwd
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just taken notice that you have referred me to someone else. We didn't even get a chance to start. I feel like a ping pong ball. Guess there's no need to explain more. Advise otherwise.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I havent referred you to someone else.

Cody opted out on the 21st.. My name is***** just seen your question waiting and wanted to help.

Ive read over the above and it looks like currently you are focused on restoring your outlook emails / sent mail.

I realize today is thanksgiving, if you have time we can connect now, just send me the teamviewer id and password.

Or, if another time would work better for you, let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK here here is the TeamViewer ID and Pwd coming. The objective is to restore to my Outlook either through a Archives file or other wise, my access to all of my Emails since 2011 which disappeared during the intervention by Cody or his predecessor. I have good factual notice so I can help if necessary. My Email function works fine with the exception noted (though it is more of a burden now because Cody broke up all my Emails in individual pst files where I have one combining everybody.
In all event here is the ID 111 532 040 and the Pwd i111gp. I'll keep it active 15 mn for you to sign on. If you will be delayed tell me when. It is 9:00pm here in Oslo.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Connecting

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI, hope you had a great Thanksgiving dinner - you seem to have put some great effort at it.
In anticipation of our reconnect at 2pm my time, here is what I noticed. The computer is behaving strangely. For example things that would open automatically now do not open... (HMA, Skype for example)... while you were working (at the speed of light !) I noticed that you unchecked a whole bunch of things in one window you had opened. When we disconnected you did not recheck all those items. Could that be the source of this problem ?
"See" you in three hours !
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi again, now I have another problem. Yesterday you changed***@******.*** which is the synch address. You removed the ost or pst file that it was directed to and changed it to another ost. As a result I now am missing a large number of contacts (which is all I looked at). It went from 13,000 to less than 8,000. The problem now and I haven't checked, is that if it synch's it will screw up my phone contacts. I assume that by changing that you changed my calendar as well creating more problems. This is what happened with a past colleague of yours who deleted my Microsoft Exchange address with which I synched and created the whole problem to begin with. Now it's a déjà vue and I do hope you remember what was the original file***@******.*** pointed to or I'm in deep sh...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I panicked and spoke too soon. My 13,098 contacts are back, I suppose it took a while to load.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm here and here is the information for your connection :
ID 111 532 040
PWD t1wn62
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is now 10 AM your time, we had agreed to 8:00 AM. I'll wait another 15 minutes and disconnect until I hear from you. If possible send me a text message to###-##-####5107, if not do it with your standard Email which I'll try to check more regularly. I guess yours was a wild party / dinner and you're paying the price early this AM !
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for being a bit late today..

It wasnt intentional, just a matter of eating far too much, and being up much too late. I hope I havent missed your window of opportunity today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How about now ? I'll send you password ***** 5 minutes or less if you like.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ID same
PWD 521ubz will keep on 10 mn
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I wrote the above you were online. Now you are no longer on line. Please contact me (also on skype eegouiranno) and I'll come that and set up for your connection. I'll disconnect in 10 minutes unless I hear from you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
According to my screen you are online. Do you want to tackle this challenge now ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If there is a better time, can you advise me when to come back to the screen so I don't just sit here staring... Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm leaving the screen, please contact me when you'll be available to resolve my issues. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. If you like just tell me a day and time and I'll try to accomodate my availability. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No more contact, not even an explanation for the disappearance. I'd be more optimistic in reading that you have referred me to another expert except that you told me that you did not refer me to anyone. Yet, no contact, can I have an explanation please.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry for this whole mess that is going on.

I stumbled across this question again, and replying to let you know that Dustin had opted out.

What is that status of this now? Did you get the sent emails imported? What is left?

If I'm able to help I will work on this with you again, otherwise I will try to find someone else to continue this with you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cody, thank you for the contact. No, no one has fixed the problem of my getting access to my past incoming and sent Emails. I'd love to have you back. Please let me know when you are available and I'll communicate my Teaviewer info.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm here now if that works for you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I indicated earlier that I had managed to make the files copy, and that I made the I drive cooperate and function well. That's where we wete when we left off.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

If the file is still corrupt tho it may not be able to be imported. You have the pst file copied locally to your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the pst on the local computer and I think it is even copied in documents\outlook files.
Expert:  Cody replied 4 months ago.

ok can you go to file open/export > import > browse to the pst file > choose where you want it to import / make sure do not import duplicates is checked

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I will do that, however we have a "license" problem again, this time it shows up when I "quick print" this is the error : "You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help." At the top it says "Licensing for this product has stopped working". Of couse nothing indicates which product !
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did what you said and suddenly my***@******.*** pst file completely disappeared and the Email is no longer listed in my available Emails so can't send etc.
Shouldn't have touched I guess, yet I followed your instructions perfectly. This is a real problem for me since this is my default Email.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Found***@******.*** but the pst file to which it is directed is one in the backup file on drive E and therefore does not contain up to date information. I don't know how to get it to the right file. On the other hand I can now see it appear when I do New Email, however I'm afraid to use it because new information will then not be up to date.
Help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm stuck as I do not know how to redirect the folders to documents outlook files, presently for example as noted above Data Files All Operations points to the backup file on drive E instead of the pst file in the proper location on C drive ie documents\outlook files
I'd really appreciate some help here.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This although the Emails each point to the right pst file on C
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All the right files are now in the C documents \ outlook files, all the Email addresses are pointing to a correct file in that same directory, however the folders that contain inbox etc which I see when I open, are going to a back up directory on E drive and I can't figure out how to change that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you can tell me how to do it in a short response I can try to do it. It's better than this total silence...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really don't understand how this is working, you indicated the problem and I spend hours getting it ready, now all that I need is the directory in Outlook, as to two addresses, pointing to the right pst files, I can't figure out how to do it. All are fine but two. The first Data All Operations is now in a directory called Personal Folders which popped up out of nowhere, however my directory Data All Operations points to the pst in the back up file while the Personal Folders points to the right pst.
The other is***@******.*** which should be pointing to Data All Operations, now points to Credico pst, however the Emails point to the right directories - so I'm dumfounded.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still no response.